CUSTOM CABINET DESIGNS BY KRAFTMAID
Design Time is proud to offer Kraftmaid solutions to our customers. Kraftmaid products are built using time proven techniques to ensure consistent quality. In order to ensure consistency across an entire cabinet making project, and minimize product handling, KraftMaid requires that all cabinets for a complete order are built on the same line where they are assembled, packaged and loaded for shipping. It's called the One Kitchen at a Time approach, or, KAAT for short.
- All KraftMaid wood doors and drawer fronts receive KraftMaid's DuraKraft furniture finishing process, resulting in one of the finest finishes available in the industry.
- First, door and drawer front surfaces are machine and hand sanded and then vacuumed to eliminate all dust particles in preparation for staining.
- Special stains are applied to balance the base color of the wood to establish a consistent color uniformity.
- Next, deep penetrating stain is hand-sprayed and hand-rubbed to reveal the hidden beauty of the grain.
- Doors and drawer fronts are then air-dried before receiving distressing or glazing for some specialty finishes.
- KraftMaid's specially formulated wood sealer is applied with pressure and is then oven-cured.
- Again, all surfaces are hand-sanded, providing a smooth consistent surface to prepare for a stain topcoat.
- Environmentally safe, exclusive DuraKraft topcoat is applied to the surface. The DuraKraft topcoat is a custom, oven-baked finish that extends the original color and clarity of the wood while standing up to everyday wear and tear.
- Finished doors and drawer fronts are then staged for transportation to the assembly line to meet up with cabinet components.
Browse the gallery of sample room installations below, then come in and let our talented designers show you the possibilities, or click the in home consultation graphic to the left to set up a free in-home consultation today!